If you bring up multimedia to certain people, they get very nervous about it. However, the facts speak for themselves. Audio and video are more likely to be shared than text-based content. Because of this fact, it’s imperative that you find a way to embrace video and audio in addition to text content. They all have a purpose, and if you use all type and formats of content, you’re going to see bigger and better returns.
Consider these stats from Hubspot.com
- Four times as many customers want to watch a video over reading text.
- Most people who are online, spend more than an hour a day watching videos on YouTube.com.
- Almost half of consumers online want more video of products.
These stats are very compelling reasons for ensuring that you get in the habit of using media that takes you out of your comfort zone. The good news is, it’s not that hard to create videos or audio these days. Plus, you don’t even have to do it yourself, use your own face, or even your voice to be successful.
- Repurpose Text to Audio & Video – If you create any text-based content, always consider whether it can be repurposed into video and/or audio or not. A simple blog post can be read into recording software and then placed over some images and turned into a video using MS Office 365’s PowerPoint software.
- Hire Someone on Fiverr.com – Some people can take a blog post of yours and turn it into an explainer video or another type of video for you for a low cost. Don’t use someone charging only five dollars though, find someone with a good record who charges more than that, and you’ll be more satisfied with the outcome.
- Record Your Screen – You can also create “how to” video using the blog post as your guide and then showing in person what the blog post is saying to do. Let’s say the blog post was about how to organize your files. You can show how you do it in person by recording your screen and following along with the post.
- Set Up a Process – This is something you should be doing without thinking. If you set up a process and a system of what you will do with each piece of content that you create, or have created, it’s going to become more automated. That’s going to boost your results more than you realize. Do this for 90 days, and you’re going to see a huge impact on your traffic.
We tend to get in the habit of using the media we’re most comfortable with in our marketing. But you should get in the habit of learning to repurpose everything into other formats. If you like video and use it mostly, make sure to get a transcript of the video so that you can use that text to help with search engine optimization. Set up a process that informs what you do for each piece of content that you create so that it becomes a habit to market this way.